2011 Roads Program Priority Projects
On Monday April 18,2011, the City of Cranbrook Engineering Department presented their list of priority streets and avenues in need of repair in 2011 to Mayor Manjak and members of Council.
In all 10 sections of street in the City have been identified as Priority 1 projects, with a cost of $1, 401,777.00. Just over $136,000 will be spent on water works under the street, like waterlines and drainage works. It is important to note that these have not been tendered and the final work will hinge on the amount of work the City can complete within the budget allotment. Those 10 Priority 1 projects include the following --
1. 6th Street (9th Avenue South to 11th Avenue South)
2. 1st Street South (9th Avenue South to 10th Avenue South)
3. Cranbrook Street North (Frontage: Willowbrook Drive to Tim Horton’s)
4. Cranbrook Street North (Frontage: Willowbrook to Cloverdale Paint frontage)
5. 3rd Street North (23rd Avenue to Dead End)
6. 12th Avenue South and 7th Street South intersection
7. 14th Avenue South (2nd Street South to 1st Street South)
8. 4th Avenue South (1st Street South to Baker Street)
9. 14th Avenue South (Baker Street to 2nd Street North)
10 2nd Street South (Victoria Avenue to Fire Hall)
The City has also identified a series of Priority 2 and Priority 3 projects, which will be completed in 2011, provided that funding remains for those projects. For a complete list, including Priority 2 and 3 projects and proposed cost of each project, click below.