We are open for business!
Deciding on where to invest, establish or relocate your business is much more than just pretty scenery or a flashy website. We understand you are looking for much more than that.
We provide support to help your business establish and grow in Cranbrook. We have access to important market research and business intelligence while working actively to facilitate local connections to help support the establishment of your business operations in the most dynamic and innovative city in the Kootenays.
We are a business-friendly community, offering low corporate taxes, competitive business costs, a stable business environment and access to an educated workforce. Not only do we have some of the lowest real estate costs in British Columbia but also we are centrally located as the regional hub for logistics, services and retail/ commercial. With an international airport, 2 US ports of entry, CP Railyard and world class connectivity, we are uniquely positioned to help your business grow.
Key Regional Partners
- Canadian Rockies International Airport
- College of the Rockies (Main Campus)
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital
- Ktunaxa National Council
- Columbia Basin Trust
In addition, local partners and stakeholders in the region recognize the need to remain competitive against other rural cities in BC in order to attract business. Your business can benefit from a number of incentives offered by the regional, provincial and federal organizations to help lower your costs and move your business to Cranbrook.
We are committed to:
- Developing 99 acres of prime industrial lands
- Growing our logistics and transportation infrastructure
- Strengthen our role as the regional service center
- Attract high tech industry (A.I., Geospatial, Incubators and Technology Campus )
- Attract new opportunities for retail and franchises
- Attract new opportunities in value added processing for forestry and agriculture
- Leveraging new private residential development with a projected growth of up to 10,000 new residents in the next 10 years
- Revitalizing of the downtown city center
If you need more information, please contact:
Darren Brewer, Business Development Coordinator