City Tenders and Requests for Proposals
Contracting opportunities available with the City of Cranbrook are listed here. For more information, click on the project of interest to you from the list below.
CITY OF CRANBROOK
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
CALL TO ARTISTS – HARMONY PARK SCULPTURE
The Corporation of the City of Cranbrook invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) from professional artists to create a permanent sculpture to be installed over the fountain base at Harmony Park, which is across from the Cranbrook History Centre, at 100 Van Horne Street S (on the SE side of Highway 95, between 1st St S (Louis St) and 5th Ave S).
The following information is to be included in the Expression of Interest response:
- Application Form (attached at the end of complete EOI package);
- Artist Statement (1 page maximum) – Describe what inspires your artwork processes, the materials and methods you use, and other information that pertains to your art practice;
- Expression of Interest (3 page maximum) – Include a brief artist statement; a preliminary project proposal that describes desired outcomes and a vision for community involvement; and examples of the artist’s experience in delivering projects on time and on budget;
- Budget – Artists will be required to prepare a budget for the proposed project. The project budget is $35,000 and is inclusive of PST, materials, technical costs, permits, fabrication and/or installation costs as well as the artist fee;
- Project Timeline – Artists will be required to provide a project timeline identifying proposed key project stages;
- Artist Resume (3 page maximum) Visual Documentation - Attach up to 10 samples of your previous public artworks which best illustrate a body of artwork related to the project. Include the title, date, medium, size, and a brief description of the work. For public artworks, include the commissioning agent and budget;
- Documentation list – Provide a numbered list with artist’s name, description of work, title, date created, medium(s), and dimensions (if applicable) for all support materials;
- References – Public art commissioning agents, clients and/or consultants or other artists who can attest to the quality of your artworks and community engagement;
Please forward Expressions of Interest no later than 2:00 PM local time, Monday, August 19, 2019 to:
Attention: Ron Fraser, Director of Office of Innovation & Collaboration
40 - 10th Avenue South (City Hall) Cranbrook, BC V1C 2M8
Or via eMail: email@example.com
For any additional information about doing business with the City of Cranbrook, please visit the Purchasing Department page.