To reduce the potential for transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19), all City of Cranbrook offices and facilities are currently closed to the public and face-to-face counter services suspended until further notice. This closure includes City Hall, Building and Bylaw Services, Public Works and the Cranbrook Fire Hall, along with Western Financial Place, the aquatic centre, the Memorial and Kinsmen arenas and the Cranbrook Public Library.
Services including water treatment and delivery, fire and emergency response and garbage collection are not affected currently.
City staff continue to work both remotely and in their offices during regular business hours to provide service to our residents, including building inspection, land use planning, bylaw, tax and utility payments and other services.
Staff will respond to public inquiries and requests by both phone and email:
- General Inquiries: 311
- Payments, Utilities & Property Taxes: 250-489-0233
- Recreational Services: 250-489-0220 or 250-489-0221
- Public Works: 250-489-0218
- Building Inspections: 250-489-0207
- Cemetery Information: 250-489-0230
- Bylaw Services: 250-489-0263
- Fire & Emergency Services: 250-426-2325
(non-emergency only, otherwise call 911)
Latest City COVID-19 Related News
- Mount Baker RV Park To Not Open As Scheduled April 1st (March 30, 2020)
- Household Garbage Must Be Properly Contained In Order To Be Safely Collected (March 25, 2020)
- Playground Structures, Play Courts & Other Outdoor Rec Spaces Closed Immediately (March 24, 2020)
- Please Practice Social Distancing & Help Curb The Spread of COVID-19 (March 23, 2020)
- Free Transit In Cranbrook For Month of April (March 20, 2020)
- All Organized Spring Sports Leagues and Events Cancelled Amid Current COVID-19 Outbreak (March 19, 2020)
- Local Business Support & Stimulus Behind Creation of Joint Economic Resiliency Task Force (March 19, 2020)
- All City Offices Closed To Public Effective Thursday March 19 (March 18, 2020)
- Aquatic Centre, All City Arenas and the Cranbrook Public Library Closed Effective Immediately (March 16, 2020)
- All Swimming Lessons At WFP Cancelled Effective Monday March 16 (March 13, 2020)
- City Actively Monitoring COVID-19 Developments (March 13, 2020)
Regional COVID-19 Snapshots
(courtesy of the Regional District of East Kootenay)
- Regional Snapshot (March 31, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 30, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 28, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 27, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 26, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 25, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 24, 2020)
- Regional Snapshot (March 23, 2020)
The monitoring of, and response to, COVID-19 is being led by local, provincial and federal health authorities (not local government). It is important to make sure we rely on facts and have strong sources of information in our arsenal.
Key Information & Links
- COVID-19 Information Line **FOR NON-HEALTH INFORMATION** - 1- 888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319).
The line is open seven days a week, from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. PST.
- 811 - dial 811 for health-related information on COVID19
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool - use this simple online tool to complete a self-assessment if you have symptoms of COVID19 or are wondering if you should be tested.
- BC Centre for Disease Control Latest Updates - an excellent resource. Bookmark and use this site.
- Government of Canada - includes links to latest statistics, travel info and economic and financial supports available through the Federal Government.
- Province of BC Information Hub - includes links to Provincial supports for non-health information (childcare, travel advisories, employee/employer resources).
- Interior Health Latest Updates
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health Agency of Canada Information Line - 1-833-784-4397.